Friday, August 6, 2010

Common ground

I'm having some trouble organizing my thoughts for the next few blogs. I have been jumping around and looking at different work, trying to organize my thoughts into a cohesive pattern. I have been jumping around between the tin glazed work in the Netherlands and the underglaze work form Iznik, Turkey. While trying to work out how I can tie it all together with Persian tin glaze wares that started it all. That doesn't even include Italy and Spain and the significant produced by those two countries. Any way I will work it out and write the blog posts soon. I was distracted by this image while looking at some of the collection of Islamic ceramics on the Louvre website. I will explain later how this relates to some of my tiles and the idea I neglected to fully develop.
Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres after Donatello
source

Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres
source

No comments:

Post a Comment