Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dancing with glazes

 Nothing was as I had thought. A head (I soon discarded whole figures, they were simply too much) became for me an entirely unknown thing, without any secure dimensions. -Alberto Giacometti


Shino is a type glaze that I enjoyed using. It was developed in Japan and was the white glaze to be used their. This Tea bowl was wood fired and you can see the wood ash deposit showing up in the glaze as dark speckles. I was playing around with shooting on a white background the other day. I'm not sure how I feel about the shots. I'm happy with the piece though, it's fun to play around with detail shots. I made a few where I played around with the glaze applying it in thick and thin layers. Using a small ladle letting the glaze pool and drip. Adding multiple layers and drawing in the glaze with my finger tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment