Monday, November 1, 2010

Flesh and Blood

Here is a fun stream from the world of flickr. Here is a good example of challenging and humorous use of figurative imagery and forms. Using the figure in ceramics in a new and innovative way can be challenging. I often shy away from contemporary issues in my ceramics. And I'm not sure if I am
going to continue doing that.  Many people use traditional techniques and styles with contemporary narratives. Here is the press release for the Shary Boyle show at the AGO. I am not as aware of Shary Boyle’s work as I would like to be.

Here is an excerpt from the Art Gallery of Ontario webpage promoting their Meet the Artist afternoon with Shary Boyle. “Highly crafted and deeply imaginative, her multi-disciplinary practice mines the history of porcelain figurines, animist mythologies and historical portraiture to create a symbolic language uniquely her own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment